Monday, August 17, 2009

New Sydney Doll Show

I spent Saturday and Sunday at the Doll show at Blacktown Leisure Centre in Sydney. My friend Judy accompanied me on Saturday. There were few bear traders there and the only ones I knew were Claire and Norm Newell from Claire Bears. There were lots of dolls, some collectables ,miniatures and lots of bits and pieces that you often only find at doll shows .There was a steady stream of people through all day and while there were none of the familiar collectors faces I usually see at bear shows I did sell patterns and kits to some new bear makers.


Claire and Norm Newell

Sunday was much like all two day shows - very quiet, which is disastrous as you always find something to spend your profits on.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an enjoyable weekend even though Sunday was quiet. It doesn't have to be a two day show for me to spend all my profits...I just can't help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some bears there that I'd really like a closer look at Lesley! What a nice weekend> Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann - Claire Bears are at Buderim so I'm sure you could get you closer look there!!! They had a nice selection of bears.

    ReplyDelete