Thursday, July 30, 2009

Its all too hard ...

I knew this blog thing would be a learning curve but why does it all have to become too hard!! I still can't get the Post Comments to load - it just doesn't want to do it!!! Thanks Sandi for your help but...


Anyway on to more interesting things. I managed to finish a bear yesterday. Her name is "Sophie" She is an old styled traditional bear which I made from felted mohair which I like to use. She is 18cm/7" tall which is a big bear for me. I dressed Sophie in a jacket that I made from a lacy collar that I hand dyed, and which was handknitted by my friend Judy Buist. It ties at the neck with a silk ribbon and a glass bead which was made by my sister-in-law Jennifer Findlay. Jenn creates the most amazing glass beads - http://www.jenniferfindlay.com/




7 comments:

  1. See you mastered it all by yourself Lesley.

    I like this little "Sophie" bear ... she really looks like a Sophie, well like the Sophie I know! LOL!!

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Lesley! Looking good! I've pasted you in my side bar, and thanks for listing me too. I look forward to following your journey... Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go Lesley, now we can all read and leave our comments! You little bear is lovely, I may have to treat myself to one of your littlies someday. Not real soon though, we've just got the monster bill from the vet!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine Linda.We were quite shocked at the cost of Toby's last needle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie is very cute, Lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the jacket. Clever and creative use of the collar.

    ReplyDelete